Are you a fan of Taco Bell’s famous mild sauce but looking for a vegan and healthy version? Look no further than Iz’s Vegan Mild Taco Bell Sauce Copycat recipe! This sauce is easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for adding to your favorite tacos, burritos, or even as a dip for chips. Plus, it’s a great way to add some spice to your meals without any added preservatives or artificial ingredients. Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, water, and white vinegar.
- Add in the cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in the agave nectar until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the sauce to a jar or container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Enjoy with your favorite tacos, burritos, or as a dip for chips!
Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 30 minutes
- Small bowl or measuring cup
- Whisk or fork
- Jar or container with lid
This sauce is perfect for adding to your favorite tacos, burritos, or even as a dip for chips. It’s also a great way to add some spice to your meals without any added preservatives or artificial ingredients.
If you prefer a spicier sauce, you can increase the amount of cayenne pepper or add in some chopped jalapenos. You can also add in some lime juice for a tangy twist.
If you don’t have agave nectar, you can substitute with honey or maple syrup. You can also use regular paprika instead of smoked paprika if you don’t have it on hand, but the smoky flavor really adds to the overall taste.
Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Shake well before using.
- For a smoother sauce, you can blend all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
- Adjust the spices to your liking. If you prefer a milder sauce, you can reduce the amount of cayenne pepper or omit it altogether.
- Make a double batch and store it in the refrigerator for a quick and easy addition to your meals throughout the week.
This sauce is vegan, gluten-free, and free of any preservatives or artificial ingredients. It’s a healthy and delicious way to add some flavor to your meals!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Is this sauce spicy?
This sauce has a mild level of spice, but you can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to make it spicier or milder to your liking.
Is this sauce vegan?
Yes, this sauce is vegan and free of any animal products.
I love this sauce because it’s a healthier and vegan version of a classic favorite. The smoky flavor from the paprika really adds to the overall taste, and the agave nectar adds a touch of sweetness that balances out the spices. Plus, it’s so easy to make and stores well in the refrigerator for a quick and easy addition to any meal. Give it a try and let me know what you think!