Baked Sweet Potato Chips. This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a commission. To make sweet potato chips crispy use a mandoline to slice the sweet potatoes as thinly as possible. Also, make sure you roast them at a high temperature instead of low.
Tip for Crispy Sweet Potato Chips Every Time. Don't layer your chips on top of each other on the baking sheet. A mandoline or a hand-held slicer will quickly turn out thin, even slices of sweet potato, although a sharp knife and a steady hand will also work fine. You can have Baked Sweet Potato Chips using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Prepare 4-5 of small or medium sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- It’s of Fresh Rosemary.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Satisfy your craving for potato chips in a MUCH healthier way. I wanted to make them baked, not fried. Trying to achieve that perfect crispiness while still keeping the sweet potato chips healthy and baked, I. Sweet potato chips are a great healthy side dish that can go with just about anything!
Baked Sweet Potato Chips instructions
- First, wash and peel the sweet potatoes and slice them with a knife or slicer into chips. Slice the sweet potatoes as thinly as possible to maximize the crispiness potential!.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake them at a high temperature for about 20 minutes instead of baking them at a lower temperature for a longer period. A long, low bake (say 375°F or below) will result in tender sweet potatoes, but never crisp..
- Next add to a large mixing bowl with olive oil, salt & pepper, and rosemary. Toss until coated well..
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. Spread the sweet potato slices into a single, even layer, leaving space around each slice. When too many ingredients are on one baking sheet, the heat from the sheet gets trapped under the food and creates steam, and the sweet potato slices will be tender instead of crisp..
- Let the sweet potato chips cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes after you take them out of the oven..
They are so easy and so much better than store-bought (deep fried) chips. This Baked Sweet Potato Chips Recipe is a go to for a fun and delicious but HEALTHY side dish. Keep in mind that chips that are too thick will take longer to bake and may not become crispy. Divide sliced sweet potatoes among baking sheets ensuring potatoes are not stacked. Brush both sides of sliced sweet potatoes with olive oil.