Perfect Christmas Turkey. Raymond Blanc has the best roast turkey recipe. It's easy to cook, tender and juicy. Simply the perfect recipe for a stress-free Christmas dinner.
Place breast side down on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan. When it comes to preparing the perfect Christmas dinner, the options are endless – with countless sides and mains to choose from. However, for many families, sitting down to Christmas dinner. You can have Perfect Christmas Turkey using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Perfect Christmas Turkey
- Prepare 1 of Turkey.
- Prepare 2 of small clementines.
- Prepare 8 of dried cloves.
- You need 1 sprig of thyme.
- It’s 1 sprig of sage.
- Prepare 1 sprig of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- You need 1 of medium leek.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots.
- You need 1 of bulb garlic.
- It’s 1 of salted softened butter.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Maple syrup.
Heat a saucepan until medium hot and add a splash of olive oil. Put turkey in a large basin, at least twice as large as the bird. Bring stock, sage, butter, and peppercorns to the boil and baste the turkey. Fast forward to Christmas Eve and let Gary Rhodes show you how to prepare the perfect roast turkey complete with pork, chestnut, sage and onion stuffing.
Perfect Christmas Turkey step by step
- Take out the turkey from the freezer several hours before preparation.
- Remove the giblets and turkey neck from inside the turkey.
- Put the thyme, rosemary and sage inside the turkey.
- Put 4 cloves in each of the 2 clemetines and stuff them inside the turkey, make sure to put the legs back in so it doesn't pry open in the oven.
- Roughly chop leek, onion, carrots, and garlic. Put them in a roaster and add a glass of water..
- Rub well seasoned butter over the turkey (with salt and pepper). And place the turkey upside down in the roaster..
- Wrap the whole thing with tinfoil and place it in the oven at 180°C for 90 min.
- Take it out of the oven, remove the tinfoil, flip it, and brush it with equal quantitiy of salted butter and maple syrup.
- Put it back into the oven without covering it at 200-220°C for 30 min.
- Every 10 minutes or so, brush it again with the maple syrup butter glaze.
- After getting it out of the oven, let it rest by covering it with the tinfoil and some small towels so the juices can run to the legs..
Holiday turkey recipes from Martha Stewart, including perfect roast turkey, brined turkey, grilled turkey, bacon-wrapped turkey, maple-glazed turkey, and more. The results of Felicity Cloake's turkey curry-thon. We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. Place turkey, breast side up, on a roasting rack in a heavy metal roasting pan.