Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF.
You can cook Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF
- Prepare of Streusal Topping.
- You need 25 grams of plain / gluten-free flour.
- You need 25 grams of ground almonds.
- Prepare 50 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 25 grams of butter / sunflower spread.
- Prepare of Cherry Cake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground flax seed.
- It’s 6 tbsp of warm water.
- It’s 125 grams of softened butter / sunflower spread.
- Prepare 125 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 30 ml of water or milk.
- You need 75 grams of ground almonds.
- It’s 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 75 grams of plain / gluten-free flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of (rounded) baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- You need 300 grams of fresh cherries, halved and stoned.
- You need of Extra Topping.
- Prepare 50 grams of flaked almonds.
- You need of icing sugar / powdered sugar.
Vickys Cherry Frangipane-Streusal Cake, GF DF EF SF instructions
- Mix the ground flax and water in a small bowl or cup and set aside for 15 minutes until gelatinous (you can use 2 eggs in place of this and ignore this step).
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease & line a 20cm cake tin.
- Make the topping first by mixing the flour, ground almonds and sugar together. Rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles crumbs. Set aside.
- For the cake, cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the flax mixture and the milk (or 2 eggs), half of the ground almonds and stir in, then add the rest of the ground almonds and the extract and mix together.
- Add the baking powder and xanthan gum if using to the flour, then fold into the rest of the cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and even it out with the back of a spoon.
- Spread the cherries over the top of the cake batter.
- Sprinkle the streusal topping over the cherries and add the flaked almonds on top of that if desired.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes or until the almonds / topping is slightly golden and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let stand in the tin for 10 minutes before releasing. Dust with icing sugar if desired before serving.
- A lovely dessert served warm with custard or ice cream.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad