551-Style Steamed Pork Buns.
You can make 551-Style Steamed Pork Buns using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 551-Style Steamed Pork Buns
- Prepare of – For the dough.
- It’s 50 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 150 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s of – The filling.
- Prepare 150 grams of Ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Panko.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Weipa.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Katakuriko.
551-Style Steamed Pork Buns instructions
- Put an empty bowl on a kitchen scale, and measure the dough ingredients. Add 100 ml of lukewarm water little by little while mixing and kneading the dough. The dough is OK once there are no lumps of yeast..
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and leave at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Make the filling in the meantime..
- Finely chop the onion and mix with panko..
- Put the onion, panko and the rest of the filling in a bowl (place the bowl on the scale beforehand again and measure the ingredients). Mix well and divide into 8 balls..
- Divide the dough into 8, and roll out each portion with a rolling pin. If you can make the perimeter of each dough circle thinner than the center, the filling will settle in the middle of the bun..
- Spoon a ball of filling on each dough circle and wrap it. If you get filling on the edges, the dough will not close up so be careful! Seal the buns closed properly!.
- Bring water to a boil in a steamer, line the steamer rack with parchment paper, and place in the buns. Steam over medium heat for 20 minutes, and they're done..