Plantain Fondant. Directed By LoneWolfFilmz (@lonewolffilmz) Written By T'Wani Price (@twaniprice) also follow Atlanta (@atlantaamusic). Plantain is a widespread weed found in virtually every lawn in America. It's low profile and non-aggressive habit often leave it protected from the homeowner.
Plantain was commissioned by Smarter Image for their catalog design of several years ago. Can be used to make Plantain Chips which are a healthier alternative to potatoe chips. Information about Green Plantain Bananas including applications, recipes, nutritional value, taste, seasons, availability, storage, restaurants, cooking, geography and history. You can cook Plantain Fondant using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Plantain Fondant
- You need 3 of ripe Plantains.
- It’s 1 of small size onion.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 4 of habanero pepper.
- It’s 1 of large tomato.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of water. I used mango juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
I am super excited to bring you guys this recipe, I created it about two weeks ago because I had lots of excess plantains at home. Plantain, major group of banana varieties that are a staple food crop in many tropical areas. The edible fruit of plantain bananas has more starch than the common dessert banana and is not eaten raw. Plantain Chips is a crunchy snack made with either ripe or unripe plantains.
Plantain Fondant instructions
- Wash, peel and cut Plantain into ½ inches. Sprinkle salt and set aside. Mince garlic and chop others..
- Heat pan. Add vegetable oil. Allow to Heat place each cut Plantain into pan and sear face or until browned. Turn upside down and do the other side…
- Add in your chopped veggies. The minced garlic should be mixed with the water or juice or broth and poured inside. Sprinkle the remaining salt and cover and cook for 7 minutes..
- Serve and garnish.
- Bon Appetit.
See how to make these crunchy plantain chips. —-Before frying the plantains- *Peel the plantains using a vegetable slicer. Plantain, seen by many as a pesky lawn weed, is a great plant for beginner foragers and beginning How to Identify Plantain. The plantain looks like a banana, but it's treated differently in food. Learn how to cook the tropical fruit and why it's used more like a potato in recipes. Greater Plantain (Plantago major): the leaves are broadly oval, long-stalked, ribbed and green.