Smashed Garlic Potatoes. This garlic smashed potatoes recipe is all about the technique, but the flavor profile is infinitely adaptable. Try bacon and cheddar, ranch seasoning, or BRIE. If you've never tried smashed potatoes before, you have to try them at least once.
Okay, so "smashed" potatoes are sometimes considered just a lazy way of making mashed potatoes. Arrange potatoes close together in prepared dish. Chef Tom's herb roasted potatoes are a staple side dish in the All Things Barbecue kitchen, but these Garlic Smashed Potatoes take that concept to the next. You can cook Smashed Garlic Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smashed Garlic Potatoes
- Prepare of Small Potatoes.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Rosemary.
- It’s of Parmesan.
- You need of Italian Seasoning (or some other herbs).
Garlic smashed potatoes are an easy side dish requires simple ingredients. Seasoned to perfection with garlic, olive oil and herbs, they are everyone's favorite! You don't THINK you like potatoes, but you have never had these Crispy Garlic Smashed Potatoes. Garlic Smashed Potatoes make an impressive appetizer or easy side dish.
Smashed Garlic Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender..
- Drizzle a sheet pan with olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the sheet pan, leaving plenty of room between each potato..
- With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly smashes. Rotate masher 90 degrees and repeat. Drizzle or brush the tops of each potato with more olive oil..
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, herbs, and parmesan..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and sizzling..
They are boiled, smashed and baked with olive oil and garlic until crisp, then garnished with herbs or parmesan. Drain the potatoes and garlic and set them aside until they are cool enough to handle- do not let the potatoes become cold. Cut the potatoes into quarters and squeeze each one with your fingers or set. Parmesan garlic smashed potatoes are soft on the inside and crispy, crunchy on the outside. There are a couple specific times in life that I can recall feeling an overwhelming sense of God's peace and presence.