Château Potatoes. Chateau potatoes date back to the Napoleon Bonaparte era and were the accompaniment to chateaubriand. Learn how to make Château potatoes with Le Cordon Bleu Paris Chef Instructor, Marc Vaca. Video in partnership with Regal magazine.
Mash potatoes and mix in cottage cheese, sour cream, onion powder, salt, and pepper until smooth. Today happens to be National Puppy Day, which is great because I love puppies – especially when I don't have to train them! Download Chateau potatoes stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. You can cook Château Potatoes using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Château Potatoes
- You need 1 pound of potatoes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rosemary.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
For pommes château or chateau potatoes, a dense potato, such as red bliss or Yukon gold, works best. Red bliss potatoes don't hold up as well for dishes like mashed potatoes. Chateau potatoes (aka tourne potatoes), are normal white, purple, or Yukon gold potatoes that have been expertly hand carved into an elongated oval shape. TAGS Chef Xavier Le Roux, Starchy potato- Potatoes, Ex.
Château Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel and cut the potatoes into 8 sided jewel shaped pieces. Start a by cutting the potatoes in half. Then squeeze the potato causing the blade to work from the bottom to the top, in one continuous slice. Kinda like an American football..
- Since the potatoes comes in different shapes and sizes I couldn't make them perfect and exactly the same size. Pat them dry and season with salt and pepper..
- Add olive oil and butter to an oven safe skillet. Melt the butter and add the rosemary. Add the chateau potatoes to the mixture..
- Coat the potatoes in the butter mixture and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown. Turn half way through the cooking process. Season with salt and pepper. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. The potatoes were supposed to be cut into "eight sided gem shapes," and I finally figured out how to cut them properly on the last potato. XD The potatoes seemed a little plain to me, but since I. Chateau potatoes: Potatoes turned into a barrel shape, then blanched in boiling water, drained then refreshed in cold water, then cooked in the oven. Grilled salmon with spinach and watercress mousseline and sauteed château potatoes.