Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Ultra creamy and rich, these cheesy scalloped potatoes are full of great garlic Parmesan flavor. Velvety soft underneath, and perfectly crispy on top!
I like to use a mandolin so that our potato slices come out the same every time. Cheesy Scalloped potatoes are the perfect comfort food… creamy, rich and cheesy; but they always take so long to cook! This recipe uses a method that will show you how to make this. You can cook Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes
- It’s 4 of large russet potatoes or 6 large red potatoes.
- It’s 1/3 of med onion or too taste.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese grated.
- You need 3 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 Tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
This hearty dish of scalloped potatoes and ham has just a bit of Cheddar cheese and green peas in a creamy white sauce. All Reviews for Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham. This easy scalloped potatoes from scratch is even better than Grandma's. Here's how to cook it perfectly every time.
Cheesy Scallopped Potatoes instructions
- Grease 8×8 or similar size casserole dish..
- Peel and slice potatoes using slicer, 1/4 inch or thinner. Dice onions set aside..
- In skillet melt butter, add flour stirc and let cook on med heat until bubbling a couple minutes. Add milk and stir well with wisk. Continue to stir until it starts to thicken and bubble. Add 3/4 cup of cheese, mustard, Worcestershire, pepper, salt, garlic powder. Stir until smooth. Should have a gravy like consistency. Add salt pepper to taste..
- To construct the potatoe casserole. Put down a layer of sliced potatoes then sprinkle a layer of onions. Pour sauce over layer. Cover with another layer of potatoes sprinkle with onions. Pour more sauce over. Continue this until all ingredients are used. When done add remaining cheese on top. Cover with foil..
- Cook covered at 400F for 60-80 minutes look for bubbling in center. Uncover abd cook for another 15 minutes to get color on the cheese. Let cool for 10 minutes, enjoy!!.
How to make a tasty cheesy version of traditional scalloped potato recipes. This is absolutely delicious with the cheese, but of course, if you want to make. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes are our favorite way to make potatoes. They are a perfect side dish to pair with any meal, especially Easy Baked Glazed Ham and the Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe. These easy cheesy scalloped potatoes are as comforting a dish as you can make.