Date-n-walnut Loaf Cake.
You can have Date-n-walnut Loaf Cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Date-n-walnut Loaf Cake
- Prepare 1 cup of dates (chopped).
- You need 3/4 cup of water boiling.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 number of egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of walnuts chopped.
- You need of walnuts whole to decorate.
Date-n-walnut Loaf Cake step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 °C. Butter and flour an 8 x 4 inch loaf tin..
- Place the chopped dates (approx. 170 grams) in a bowl. Add boiling water and baking soda. Stir, cover the bowl and let stand till room temperature..
- Cream together the butter and sugar till pale and fluffy..
- Add the egg and beat well..
- Add the vanilla extract..
- Stir in the flour and salt..
- Add the date mixture and stir to incorporate..
- Toss in the chopped nuts..
- Spread the cake batter in the prepared tin and decorate the top with the whole walnuts..
- Bake for 1 hour, till well risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes in the tin. Then invert onto a rack and cool..
- Serve immediately. Can be stored for up to a week in air-tight containers..
recipe by Nirmala Prem @cookpad