Pumpkin Chocolate Streusel Muffins.
You can make Pumpkin Chocolate Streusel Muffins using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Chocolate Streusel Muffins
- You need as needed of shortening- to grease the pan.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter- softened.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of walnuts — finely chopped.
- Prepare of Streusel topping.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s of Spiced glaze.
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need 3 tablespoon of milk – you may need to add a little more.
Pumpkin Chocolate Streusel Muffins step by step
- Grease the 12 muffin cups and preheat the oven to 350 degrees..
- Combine flour with baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger..
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer on high speed approximately 5 minutes then blend in eggs; beat well until incorporated..
- Mix at low speed and add the dry ingredients, and pumpkin.
- Add the chocolate chips and finely chopped walnuts and mix until incorporated..
- Divide into the 12 prepared muffin pan.
- For the Streusel topping mix the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon together and with a pastry blender or fork cut in the butter until you have a consistent crumbled topping..
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the muffins (there may be a little left over).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tooth pick comes out clean. Cool, and then glaze with spice glaze..
- Spiced glaze: Combine powdered sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Blend in 3 tablespoons milk one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is made (should be thick but pour-able if to thin add powder sugar if to thick add milk)..
- Place the glaze on the muffins and sprinkle powder sugar if desired..