Tomato, Khajur Chutney.
You can make Tomato, Khajur Chutney using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato, Khajur Chutney
- You need 4 of medium red,tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 cup fresh, grated /ground coconut.
- You need 8-10 of khajur (Dates), seeds removed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried tamarind (imli).
- You need 1 inch of ginger roughly chopped.
- Prepare 4 of green chilli, chopped.
- It’s 1 of red chilli, not so hot.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 pinch of hing.
- It’s 1 tsp of ponch phoran.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare of Salt as required.
- Prepare of Water as required.
Tomato, Khajur Chutney step by step
- Chop the khajur. Dissolve khajur and imli (if not using imli paste)in water..
- Heat oil in a wok. Crackle the ponch phoran. Add hing and fry for 30 seconds. Then fry the red chilli and curry leaves till curry leaves are fried..
- Add chopped tomatoes, green chilli,salt and turmeric powder. Cover and cook after mixing on medium heat,till tomatoes are soft..
- Then add, ginger, dissolve imli and khajur, great coconut and fry for 2 minutes in low flame..
- Switch off the flame and cool down, cooked chutney mix. Grind to fine paste using the remaining water where imli and khajur were dissolved..
- Enjoy lipsmaking and healthy Khajur chutney. Thanks.
recipe by Dr. Madhumita Mishra @cookpad