Candied Sweet Potatoes.
You can have Candied Sweet Potatoes using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Candied Sweet Potatoes
- It’s 5 of medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2" rounds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, sliced in half.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 3/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
Candied Sweet Potatoes instructions
- Place the sliced potatoes into a greased 9×13" baking pan and sprinkle the salt over them. Toss to coat and preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small saucepan, place the remaining ingredients except for the vanilla over medium-high heat and stir until the butter has melted and its come to a low boil..
- Let it boil, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then remove it from the heat, stir in the vanilla and pour it evenly over the potatoes. Give them a toss, then place them into the oven for a total time of 1 hour. After the first 20 minutes, take them out, give them a stir and cover the pan with foil for the remaining baking time. Take them out to stir again at the 40 minute mark..
- Once the hour is up, the potatoes should be very tender. The sauce will seem very thin, but will thicken as they cool. Let them cool uncovered for 10 or so minutes, then serve..