Traditional Ham !!.
You can cook Traditional Ham !! using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Traditional Ham !!
- It’s 1 of Ham (not spiral sliced.).
- It’s 12 oz of Can of Pineapple slices.
- You need 8 oz of Jar of Maraschino Cherries.
- You need 15 of Whole Cloves.
- You need 30 of Toothpicks !!.
- Prepare 1 of Roasting Pan with lid.
- You need 1 of Turkey Baster.
- You need 1 small of SHARP knife.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Honey.
- It’s 3/4 cup of drippings from ham.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of drippings from ham.
- It’s 1 can of Peach Halves.
Traditional Ham !! step by step
- Score the ham in a diamond shaped pattern using the small, sharp knife. Place the lines 2-3 inches apart & about a half inch deep !!.
- Insert the cloves into the scores you've cut… or into the center of each diamond, whatever you choose ! Just make sure to place them evenly..
- Place the Pineapple Slices on the ham using toothpicks to secure them. About 2 toothpicks for each slice !! Set aside Pineapple Juice. We'll be needing it shortly :).
- Place one cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice, using a toothpick to secure it 🙂 set aside cherry juice !! We're gonna need that too..
- Place your pretty ham in the roasting pan… pour the pineapple and cherry juice we set aside earlier over the whole thing !! Baste well with the juices every 10-15 minutes until you begin the glaze..
- Baking time will vary. For an uncooked ham, the temperature needs to be about 155° inside when finished..
- About 45 minutes before the ham is done, combine sugar, brown sugar, honey, & ham drippings to make glaze..
- Pour 1/3 of the glaze over your ham, then return to the oven..
- Bake for the remaining 45 minutes, basting your ham with the remaining glaze every 10 minutes..
- Brown the peach halves in a skillet with the 2 tablespoons of honey, the 2 tablespoons of butter & 1/2 cup of ham drippings..
- Arrange around ham to serve !! Dig in :).
recipe by Bobbi @cookpad