Chocolate Porter Beer with Butterscotch Cream Cupcake. Chocolate cupcakes with Irish whiskey-flavored chocolate cream filling and a delectable Irish cream frosting will make your St. Patrick's Day party a happy These cupcakes are made from scratch with a stout beer, then filled with an Irish whiskey-chocolate filling and topped off with some Irish cream icing. Place chocolate chips and Irish cream liqueur in medium bowl; pour hot cream over.
Winter Solstice Cupcakes with "Flying Cauldron Butterscotch Beer" FillingFoodista. Cream: in another large mixing bowl add the melted butter, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla and salt and beat until well combined. Add eggs and eggs yolks, mixing after each addition, just until combined. You can cook Chocolate Porter Beer with Butterscotch Cream Cupcake using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Porter Beer with Butterscotch Cream Cupcake
- You need of Butterscotch cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn syrup or glucose.
- It’s 1 tbsp of liquid vanilla.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 90 grams of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Cupcake Batter.
- It’s 4 1/2 oz of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 oz of cocoa.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 4 oz of porter beer.
- You need dash of salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs (room temperature).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need of Buttermilk caramel topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (to mix).
- You need 2 3/4 cup of powdered sugar (mix with the caramel sauce).
I used Bell's Porter beer in the batter instead of the hot water. Porter is dark and thick with flavors of malt, dark chocolate, and coffee. The addition of beer brings out chocolate's inner diva! Spread the frosting on the cooled cupcakes.
Chocolate Porter Beer with Butterscotch Cream Cupcake step by step
- In a pan mix the water, corn syrup and sugar and heat until it forms a caramel at 350°F. Make sure not to burn..
- Remove from heat and add the cream, the lemon and the vanilla. Bring back to heat, mixing until all the ingredients are combined. Remove from the heat again and add the butter and let completely cool off..
- Cream the butter with sugar and then add eggs. Mix the Buttermilk with the beer in 2 batches (this is the liquid batch).
- In another bowl mix the cocoa, baking powder, salt, flour (divide in 3 batches) This will be the dry batch..
- Once the creamed butter is mixed with the eggs add per batch: 1 part dry batch, 1 part liquid batch, 1 part dry, 1 liquid and finish with 1 part dry. Mix by hand or blend at slow speed..
- Bake for 12 min at 350°F..
- When ready let cool and then top with the Buttermilk caramel..
These butterscotch cupcakes are inspired by my super yummy pistachio cupcakes. The pudding in the batter not only adds great flavor, but makes the cupcakes so moist and tender. One of the best cupcake bases ever! The frosting starts with browned butter. If you've never tried it, don't be afraid.