Enchilada Sauce – Red Chile Sauce.
You can have Enchilada Sauce – Red Chile Sauce using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Enchilada Sauce – Red Chile Sauce
- It’s 8 oz of (1/2lb) dried red chile (New Mexico, California, guajillo, etc.).
- You need 1/2 cup of onion (chopped).
- Prepare 8 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 4 cup of reserved chile water (see below).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of salt (or more to taste).
Enchilada Sauce – Red Chile Sauce step by step
- Clean the dried chiles by cutting off the stem and removing the seeds inside..
- Boil the chiles in enough water to cover for 10 minutes or until softened. Reserve 4 cups of the water used to boil the chiles and set to the side for the next step..
- Transfer the chiles to a blender, along with the onion, garlic, spices and 2 cups of the chile water. Blend until smooth..
- Place the blended sauce in a colander over a large bowl. Use a spoon to help pass the blended chile sauce through the colander. Once all of the sauce has passed through, place the leftover chile paste in the blender with the remaining 2 cups of chile water and re-blend..
- Repeat the straining process through the colander once more. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- The strained sauce is ready to use or can be refrigerated or frozen for later use. Enjoy!.
recipe by Izandro @cookpad