Wheat jaggery cake. This delightful cake is moist, light, and airy and a perfect companion for your evening tea! Whole wheat jaggery cake is a guilt free cake which you can enjoy any day, any time as I have not used any unhealthy ingredients like maida or all purpose. Whole Wheat Jaggery Cake – a simple tea time cake made with atta (whole wheat) and jaggery.
It's claimed to have health benefits, but is it any better than white sugar? Since jaggery is essentially sugar, you could use it as a full substitute or cut the existing sugar content with your jaggery. This is how I would incorporate it in an existing recipe. You can cook Wheat jaggery cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wheat jaggery cake
- It’s 1 cup of – wheat flour.
- You need 2 1/2 tbs of – maida.
- You need 1 tsp of – soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of – baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of – chopped jaggery.
- You need 1/4 tsp of – salt.
- It’s 5 tbs of – oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of – water.
- It’s 1 tsp of – vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of – chopped walnut.
Eggless Whole Wheat Jaggery Fruit Cake A healthy treat for Christmas – Learn how to bake an eggless whole wheat fruit cake using jaggery. Eggless wheat jaggery cake made with the goodness of milk and ghee, this recipe is a delight for the taste buds, while also maintaining a high healthfulness quotient! This whole wheat jaggery cake can be given to toddlers after one year to satisfy their sweet tooth.
Wheat jaggery cake step by step
- Heat the water in a pan on medium flame. Add jaggery and boiled till it completely mix..
- Switch off the gas. Strain the mixture and let it cool down..
- In another bowl combine all dry ingredients and sieve it..
- Now add jaggery liquid, oil and vanilla essence to the flour. Add half quantity of chopped walnuts and Whisk well..
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave 180 degree centigrade..
- Grease the baking tray with oil and sprinkle some wheat flour..
- Pour the mixture into baking tray. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts. Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 35 minutes on convection mode..
- Check out with toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean cake is ready..
recipe by deoyani @cookpad
You can also check more healthy cake and muffin recipes for kids here. Now Let's get on to check how to. Jaggery is a traditional non-centrifugal cane sugar mainly consumed in the Indosphere. This Healthy Eggless Wheat Cake is made with jaggery and no refined sugars. It is a healthy wholemeal cake recipe which is also known as atta cake or jaggery cake.