Potato and peas masala. #potato #peas #kadaai masala #aloo matar #potato peas #sabzi #aloo sabzi #matar sabzi #side dish #aloo gravy #curry #gravy #potato sabzi #potato kadaai #fry. Potato and peas cooked with Indian spices makes a perfect Sidedish for chappathi, Jeera rice, pulao. Although it uses just a simple masala of coconut, chillies, ginger and garlic, the potato and green peas masala bhaat appears like an elaborate preparation for a special occasion! on a busy day, you can serve it simply with a raita and you have a tasty meal ready.
Potatoes are like this…extremely popular and have multipurpose usage. And did you always think that eating a potato will make you fat? Well, don't – it is a surprising source of vitamin C and provides useful amounts of starch, thiamine and niacin and around a hundred grams will provide about eighty calories. You can have Potato and peas masala using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and peas masala
- Prepare of For tempering.
- It’s 2 tsp of Oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s of Curry leaves 2 strings.
- You need 2 of Green chilli.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- Prepare 4 of potato medium size.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need of Salt as required.
- Prepare of Water as required.
- It’s leaves of Coriander.
- It’s of Masala powders.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
Sweet potatoes make a surprisingly delicious addition to a traditional Indian recipe for chana masala. Mix curry powder, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garam masala, and turmeric together in a bowl; add to the skillet and stir. When the potatoes are still warm, peel and crumble them. You can also chop them and keep aside.
Potato and peas masala instructions
- First boil the potato with a pinch of salt in it. When it is done peel the skin and break into small pieces and keep them ready..
- In a pan add oil and when it is hot add all the tempering items mentioned above..
- When they all started to splutter add chopped onions, when it is golden add ginger garlic paste..
- Saute until the raw smell goes off. Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute until everything turns mushy..
- Now add all the masala powder, mix it well to the paste. Add a half cup of water and let them boil for few minutes..
- Now add the potato and green peas (I used frozen). Check for salt here. Cover with lid and let them sit for a while..
- After it reaches the consistency you want. Remove the pan from heat and add chopped coriander leaves..
- Now you can enjoy them with chapati/rotis..
Season with salt as per taste. Mix the salt with the rest of. Aloo dum is a potato and pea curry which is possibly the most common vegetable curry in India. If I was describing it to somebody I'd just say boil potatoes, fry them with garam masala, add some tomato, chilli, turmeric and salt and it's done; then, if you like, throw in frozen peas just before the end. Here I have used fresh green peas along with Green peas are considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world.