Kulicha Iraqi cookies.
You can make Kulicha Iraqi cookies using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kulicha Iraqi cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of mix butter and Ghee melt.
- You need 3 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 teaspoon of powder milk if you don’t have you change the water to milk.
- It’s 11/2 tablespoon of green cardamom.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mahleb powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground fennel.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black sesame seed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of yeast.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of + 2 tablespoon warm water.
- It’s of 1 Filing.
- It’s 2 cup of walnut chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tablespoon of simple syrup.
- Prepare of 2 Filling.
- Prepare cup of date paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- It’s of Egg wash or milk wash.
Kulicha Iraqi cookies instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients and start with melt butter slowly then start adding the water dough have to rest an half hour.
- The dough cut into small golf size then flattened gently cut by cutter then fill each with 1 teaspoon of walnut Stuffing and fold then press the edges and egg or milk wash the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 f keep watching.
- Second filling just flatten the dough and scoop the date and flatten on top and rolled it as log and cut and cook.
- Had extra dough I just flatten it and cut star shape and cook it same temperature.
recipe by Layla (lulu) @cookpad