Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie. Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie I tossed together some of my favourite fall veggies and hoped for the best. See great recipes for Sausage Pot Pie, Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie too! Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Mashed sweet potatoes make a colorful topping. Underneath all that flavor is a gold mine. In skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until browned. You can have Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 4 of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- You need 2 of celery, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare to taste of Dried basil,.
- It’s to taste of Dried thyme,.
- It’s 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
In bowl, combine sausage, gravy, vegetables and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon mashed potatoes into even layer on top. Perfect for your family dinner menu! Shepherd's Pie recipes are traditionally done with lamb, but are great with any ground meat–turkey and beef being the most popular modern versions.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. This one is a shepherd's pie breakfast mash-up, with breakfast sausage and some veggies at the bottom, an egg layer in the middle, and cheesy mashed potatoes on top. What made it really unique was that the egg and potatoes kind of melded together and created some fun textures and flavors. It is an unusual dish as though the method is that of a cottage pie, the ingredients are very different using sausages and Paul explains.