Sugar Cookie (Plain – Before Dressing). Terrific plain or with candies in them. This recipe uses basic ingredients you probably already have. YUM.the easiest and the best-tasting sugar cookie recipe i've tried.
I can smell them baking already! Why You'll Love These Sugar Cookies. Soft, thick centers with slightly crisp edges. You can cook Sugar Cookie (Plain – Before Dressing) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sugar Cookie (Plain – Before Dressing)
- You need 452 g of unsalted butter.
- You need of (Cool, not room temperature).
- It’s 440 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of large eggs (cool).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 768 g of all purpose flour.
Leave plain or flavor with extras like maple, cinnamon, and more. Soft and chewy, just like when we were kids. Serve them plain, with frosting, or sprinkled with colored sugars. Leave these cookies plain, frost them after cooling, or dress them up with colored sparkling sugars sprinkled over top before baking.
Sugar Cookie (Plain – Before Dressing) step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper..
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add cool unsalted butter, sugar & salt. Turn mixer on the lowest speed available to avoid incorporating air into the dough. Air will cause spreading. Mix until it starts to incorporate..
- Add 2 cold eggs & vanilla. Turn mixer on to the lowest speed & mix just until the eggs & vanilla have incorporated into the butter & sugar. It will still look sort of lumpy or curdled but thats alright as long as there s no big chunks of butter. Scrape down the bottom & sides of the bowl. If needed, mix for a few more seconds..
- Next, Add the flour. Again, turn mixer on to the lowest setting & mix until it all comes together. It will start to clean the sides of the bowl & gather onto the paddle. It doesn’t take long. Turn the mixer off & touch the dough. If you can leave an imprint with your finger without the dough sticking to it, its ready..
- To roll the dough, place a piece of parchment paper lightly sprinkled with flour on worktop. Use two pieces of 3/8 inch thick wood as guide (for thickness – cookies will have uniform/even thickness). Roll the dough placed in between these two wooden sticks. Cover dough with another parchment on top before rolling so dough wont stick to the roller. See pic below..
- Take half of your dough, place it onto the very lightly floured parchment paper, very lightly sprinkle some flour over the dough. Place your cut dough onto parchment paper covered cookie sheets & bake in preheated oven for 10-14mins depending on the size of the cookies. Avoid browning the cookies..
- After removing from the oven, let the cookies set on the cookie sheet for 2-4mins. Move them onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Tips: let cookies sit in a container on a paper towel overnight before decorating. This will help grab any extra butter so you don’t get that dreaded “butter bleed” after you’ve spent days decorating them..
This may seem a 'dim' question, but does this recipe-Everyday sugar cookies require Selfraising or Plain Flour? Hold a sugar cookie by the sides, then dip the top of the cookie in the royal icing. Dip one half of the cookie in the royal icing, then scrape the bottom of the cookie off on the bowl's edge before letting it set. Truth: turning plain sugar cookies into gorgeous works of art can feel a bit daunting. Soft Sugar Cookies – my favorite sugar cookie recipe.