Flame-Roasted Bell Pepper and Seitan Chili Taco Boats (Vegan).
You can have Flame-Roasted Bell Pepper and Seitan Chili Taco Boats (Vegan) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Flame-Roasted Bell Pepper and Seitan Chili Taco Boats (Vegan)
- Prepare 4 of Taco Boat Shells.
- You need 2 of Bell Peppers.
- You need 1 Can of Red (Kidney) Beans.
- You need 1 of Large Onion.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 100 g of Smoked Seitan (Wheat Gluten).
- Prepare 1 of Lime.
- It’s 150-200 ml of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 30-50 ml of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare of Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Balsamic Vinegar.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Herbs and Spices.
Flame-Roasted Bell Pepper and Seitan Chili Taco Boats (Vegan) instructions
- Preparation: Pre-heat your oven to 200 C (392 F). Dice the onion and garlic cloves and drizzle them with balsamic vinegar. Slice the seitan into cubes and drizzle with soy sauce. Thoroughly wash the beans and put them in a bowl. Add the tomato sauce and paste to the beans, as well as herbs and spices (I used: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chives, oregano, rosemary, turmeric, a dash of ginger powder) and mix it all together..
- Flame-roasted bell peppers: Wash the bell peppers thoroughly and dry them. Turn a burner to the highest setting and carefully place the bell pepper on top of it. After a while, turn the bell pepper over to char the other side as well. If you don't have a gas stove, you can roast the bell peppers in a pan (with no oil)..
- When you're done, let the bell peppers cool. Use a knife to scrape off the charred parts from the bell pepper (don't worry if you don't get all of it off). Slice the bell peppers into medium-thin strips (see photo)..
- The chili: Coat a frying pan with olive oil and heat it up. Add the chopped onion and garlic. After only 2-3 minutes, add the seitan cubes as well. Fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the bean and tomato sauce mix from before to the pan, as well as the bell pepper strips. Turn the heat down to medium and let simmer for 7-10 minutes while occasionally stirring..
- Taco boats: While the chili is cooking, put the taco boat shells in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until crispy..
- Serving: Fill the taco boat shells with the chili and decorate with chives, fresh parsley/coriander, or grated cheese. Cut the lime into half and serve next to the dish. Enjoy your meal! 🙂.
recipe by Nino @cookpad