Apple Cardamom Pound Cake- low histamine, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, corn free.
You can make Apple Cardamom Pound Cake- low histamine, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, corn free using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Cardamom Pound Cake- low histamine, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, corn free
- Prepare of Dry.
- It’s of tapioca flour.
- It’s of brown rice flour.
- Prepare of white rice flour.
- It’s of sweet rice flour.
- Prepare of coconut flour.
- You need of sea salt.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of caviar of half of one vanilla bean OR blitzed powder of one spent, dried bean pod.
- It’s of Wet, all room temperature.
- Prepare of flax egg (1tbsp ground flax seed+ 3tbsp water, stirred and left to set up for 5+minutes).
- It’s of melted coconut oil + extra for greasing pan (solid coconut oil melts easily if left in a bowl on top of my preheating oven).
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of maple syrup.
- It’s of coconut cream, or cream of choice.
- Prepare of hemp milk, or milk of choice.
- It’s of Apples.
- It’s of small/medium apples or 2 c, peeled and cut into 1/2” chunks.
- Prepare of ground cardamom, according to taste.
- Prepare of Icing.
- Prepare of maple cream from 100% pure maple sap, room temperature; 1/2 pound or 8oz jar to drizzle on top of one cake, up to 10 oz to ice the entire surface area.
Apple Cardamom Pound Cake- low histamine, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, corn free instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*. Cut parchment to fit bottom of standard size round cake pan and grease the parchment and sides of pan with coconut oil..
- Take care of mise en place, or prep work, before moving on: set coconut oil to melt on stove, make flax egg in separate small bowl, prepare any homemade hemp or alternate milk, harvest vanilla caviar or set empty pod in preheating oven for a few minutes to dry out before blitzing in blender..
- Mix the dry ingredients well in a large bowl..
- In separate bowl mix chopped apples with cardamom. I use 2 tsp because I love a punch of flavor. Add a tsp of the dry flour mixture and stir. This will prevent the apples from sinking to the bottom..
- Mix the wet ingredients well in a medium bowl. Pour wet into dry and mix until batter is quite thick, but will still run off a spoon..
- Fold in apples. Spread thick batter into smooth layer in pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until starting to get golden around the sides and a toothpick comes out clean..
- Pop out of pan after resting for 5 minutes. Let cool completely and then pour desired amount of maple cream over the top. Pictured is the effect of making the recipe a few times in different sized pans, layering cream in between cakes and drizzling it on top..
- Happy boy 🍰 🥳.
recipe by Emma Long @cookpad