Kulicha Iraqi cookies.
You can make Kulicha Iraqi cookies using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kulicha Iraqi cookies
- You need of mix butter and Ghee melt.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of powder milk if you don’t have you change the water to milk.
- You need of green cardamom.
- Prepare of mahleb powder.
- You need of ground fennel.
- It’s of black sesame seed.
- It’s of yeast.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of + 2 tablespoon warm water.
- It’s of 1 Filing.
- Prepare of walnut chopped.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of simple syrup.
- Prepare of 2 Filling.
- It’s of date paste.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- It’s of ghee.
- It’s of Egg wash or milk wash.
Kulicha Iraqi cookies instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients and start with melt butter slowly then start adding the water dough have to rest an half hour.
- The dough cut into small golf size then flattened gently cut by cutter then fill each with 1 teaspoon of walnut Stuffing and fold then press the edges and egg or milk wash the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 f keep watching.
- Second filling just flatten the dough and scoop the date and flatten on top and rolled it as log and cut and cook.
- Had extra dough I just flatten it and cut star shape and cook it same temperature.
recipe by Layla (lulu) @cookpad