Leeks and Potatoes. It's simple to make, cosy and. I like to combine potatoes and extra veggies when roasting potatoes. The starchy vegetable needs a little extra aroma on the pan.
You can make these easily with very little preparation. This simple side dish is the perfect accompaniment to a steak, pork. A smooth, creamy leek and potato soup that's full of flavour. You can have Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- It’s of Meat and vegetables.
- It’s 2 of large leeks.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes.
- It’s 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It’s 2 quart of water.
- It’s of Precooked extras.
- It’s 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- It’s 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- Prepare of Spices.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- It’s of Meatballs.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Thickener and frying.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need To taste of salt.
Scatter one-quarter of leeks over potatoes. These Leek and potato patties make delicious appetizers or an ideal side dish to accompany many meat dishes. To be honest, in the past I have tended to shy away from Potato Leek Soup, because of the many occasions when ordered, it arrived. Peel and slice the potatoes into very thin rounds.
Leeks and Potatoes step by step
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Do you leave the peel on the spuds? And what dollop of dairy does it need? Jacques says, "Leeks and potatoes are commonly made into creamy vichyssoise. Simply seasoned and flavored with garlic, this fantastic side dish will complement just about any entree. The colorful veggies are easy to prepare and look attractive on.