Homemade Lime Rum Cake. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until mixture is light colored. Add the rum, vanilla, lime juice, and lime zest and stir with a rubber spatula to incorporate. Pour the batter into prepared bundt pan, then smooth the top with a spatula.
Beat eggs, oil, water and rum in mixer just until incorporated. You don't have to be a Bacardi Rum drinker to enjoy this tasty cake. This tried-and-true recipe makes the moistest cake you'll ever eat. You can cook Homemade Lime Rum Cake using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Lime Rum Cake
- You need of Cake.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3.5 oz of instant vanilla pudding.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk room temp.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum (I used bacardi lime).
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- You need of Cooking spray.
- It’s of Rum soak.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need of Glaze.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of lime juice.
In fact, it's the one cake that gets better with age. Although, most of the time it doesn't last very long in your refrigerator due to the temptation to have more than one bite. My family requests this rummy Bundt cake from me at all our get-togethers. The butter rum glaze makes it special.
Homemade Lime Rum Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°; Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- For the CAKE: In a bowl mix flour, sugar, pudding, baking powder, salt, butter, and canola oil until batter has a sand consistency; Add in milk and eggs until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into bundt pan; Smooth top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes; Then let cake cool slightly.
- For RUM SOAK: Combine butter, sugar, salt, water, and rum in a sauce pan; Bring to a boil over high heat; Reduce heat to low and simmer until it is slightly thickened.
- Transfer syrup into bowl and add vanilla and lime juice.
- With a skewer poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour syrup all over the cake small amounts at a time allowing the syrup to soak in between pours.
- Cover the pan loosely with plastic wrap and let the cake sit for AT LEAST 8 HOURS; Transfer onto cake plate.
- For LIME GLAZE: Whisk powdered sugar and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Pour the glaze on top of the cake.
An easy way to glaze your cake is to pour half of the glaze into Bundt pan, reinsert cake, then pour the rest of glaze over the bottom of the cake. Let absorb well then invert back onto platter. This Homemade Rum Cake is made completely from scratch, incredibly buttery, soft, light, and packed with rum flavor. This cake is also topped with an easy rum glaze that keeps it moist for days! Today's rum cake recipe is one that's been highly requested over the last few months.