Asparagus and Pork Flower Rollups.
You can have Asparagus and Pork Flower Rollups using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Asparagus and Pork Flower Rollups
- Prepare 6 slice of Thinly sliced pork loin (or any cut of pork, as long as it's thinly sliced).
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 5 of stalks Asparagus.
- It’s 1 of carrot Carrot (sliced into thin long pieces).
- You need 1 of Cake flour.
- You need 1 of Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mirin.
Asparagus and Pork Flower Rollups step by step
- Chop a few centimeters off the root ends of the asparagus stalks. Peel the tougher stalk parts with a vegetable peeler. Cut the carrot into long, thin pieces the same length as the asparagus, and boil briefly..
- Layer the pork slices side by side with a 1 cm overlap. Season lightly with salt and pepper..
- Place 3 asparagus stalks on the pork. Place a piece of carrot and 2 more asparagus stalks on top. Dust everything with flour, and roll up with the carrot in the center..
- When it's rolled up, dust the whole thing again with flour..
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and place the roll in seam side down. When it's browned on the bottom, turn it over, cover the pan with a lid and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes..
- Add the soy sauce and mirin to the pan and coat the roll with it..
- Cool and cut into pieces of your desired thickness. The cut cross section look like this..
- The bento box is blooming with flowers..
- I edited the photo. This time I used thinly sliced pork belly and regular size asparagus..