Ham and Potato Soup.
You can make Ham and Potato Soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Ham and Potato Soup
- Prepare 10-12 lbs of ham.
- You need 1 of whole onion, peeled.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 cups of chopped onion.
- You need 2 lbs of carrots sliced.
- It’s 8 stalks of celery sliced.
- You need 5 lbs of red potatoes (1.5 in cubes, NOT peeled).
- Prepare 2 cups of 2% milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbs of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 tbs of real horseradish.
- You need of Rough.
- You need 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
Ham and Potato Soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook ham for 1.5-2 hours. Let stand 30 minutes. Slice ham best you can leaving about 2 cups of meat on the bone..
- Place bone in a large stock pot, add in enough water until it covers the bone. Add 1 whole onion and 2 bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 1.5 hours..
- Take out ham bone and whole onion. Add in chopped onions, sliced carrots, and sliced celery. Simmer for 25 minutes..
- Add in potatoes, simmer for 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. To help break up potatoes smash is the back of a large spoon or whisk..
- Add in milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and real horseradish..
- In a small sauce pan melt butter on medium high heat. Add in flour and stir constantly until consistency of wet sand..
- Once the soup comes back to a low boil, whisk in rough. Mix occasionally for the next 10 minutes and enjoy!.
recipe by Adrianne Meszaros @cookpad