Crunchy Grapefruit & Avocado Cups with Peanut Sauce (vegan).
You can make Crunchy Grapefruit & Avocado Cups with Peanut Sauce (vegan) using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Crunchy Grapefruit & Avocado Cups with Peanut Sauce (vegan)
- It’s 8 of leaves from the outside of two little gem lettuces (keep the hearts to bulk up another salad…maybe guacamole?).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of hot water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of smooth/ creamy peanut butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 of grapefruit (pink or otherwise) segmented – see recipe for pic of how I do it.
- You need 1/2 of ripe avocado, cubed – see pic in the recipe to see how I do that too.
- It’s 1/2 of long red chilli, sliced thinly.
- You need 1/2 packages of instant noodles.
Crunchy Grapefruit & Avocado Cups with Peanut Sauce (vegan) instructions
- Make the peanut sauce: Put the hot water in a bowl and stir in the peanut butter, one spoonful at a time.
- When it is smooth and creamy, stir in the soy sauce and the sweet chilli sauce. Stir well..
- Heat oil to deep fry you noodles, to about 170..
- Break noodles into hot oil, fry until crispy, then remove and drain on kitchen paper..
- Wash, spin and pat dry lettuce leaves. Slice a tiny sliver from the bottom of each to keep it upright on the plate..
- Place lettuce leaves on a serving plate..
- Mix together the prepared avocado and grapefruit. See photos below to see how I find it easiest to do this….
- Pile equal amounts if the avocado and grapefruit into the lettuce leaves. Try to make them as even as you can..
- Place two or three slices of red chilli onto each, followed by a spoonful of peanut sauce..
- Sprinkle over your crispy noodles, some more peanut sauce (you will still probably only use half of it but keep the rest and make chicken satay…?).
- Any leftover slices if chilli placed on top will give your dish extra colour..
recipe by Celeste @cookpad