Leftovers Makeover: Mashed Potato Fritters. If the mashed potato pancake mixture looks too dry and isn't holding together, add one more egg. Utilize leftover corn and mashed potatoes to create a new tasty side dish with these Corn & Cheddar Mashed Potato Fritters. Start by taking your day old, leftover mashed potatoes and corn and add them to a bowl.
Make them even more tempting with a cool. These crispy, cheesy mashed potato cakes are the best way to give new life to leftover mashed potatoes. You actually can fry mashed potatoes without all of the added flavors and ingredients that we've used here. You can make Leftovers Makeover: Mashed Potato Fritters using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Leftovers Makeover: Mashed Potato Fritters
- You need of For the fritters:.
- You need 2 cups of mashed potatoes (firmly packed).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour for the fritters.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/2-2/3 cup of grated cheese (such as Cheddar, Jack, Mozzarella, Colby Jack).
- You need 1 of large green onion, chopped (white parts, too).
- It’s of For frying:.
- It’s 2 cups of oil.
But they'll fall apart as they fry unless they have at least an egg and some cheese to. Garlic-Rosemary Potato Fritters Cook lots of chopped garlic and rosemary in olive oil until fragrant. Mix mashed potatoes, egg, flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and any optional ingredients, into mashed potatoes. Preheat skillet and add a couple of tablespoons of Crisco shortening or oil.
Leftovers Makeover: Mashed Potato Fritters step by step
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (Try to sprinkle the salt evenly over the entire surface area of the mashed potatoes so you don't accidentally get a super salty bite.).
- Get in with your hands (or a wooden spoon or spatula if you're not a handsy person) and mix everything thoroughly..
- Preheat oil in a pan to somewhere between 350F and 375F. If you don't have a thermometer, you can sprinkle some flour into the oil and if it starts to gently sizzle right away, your oil's ready..
- Gently drop batter into the oil by spoonfuls. I like to take two silverware tablespoons and make them in a quenelle shape..
- Fry for 6 to 8 minutes until they're a dark golden brown, turning two or three times during the process to make sure all sides get cooked evenly..
- Blot the oil from the fritters on a paper towel, paper bag, or tempura paper, and enjoy!.
Make sure the mixture is not too thin. Check out our recipe for extra mashed potatoes into potato fritters. Mashed potatoes are a quintessential part of Thanksgiving. You can't help but to love them. Add two eggs to your leftover mashed potatoes and combine.