Vickys Vol Au Vents, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Vol Au Vents, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Vol Au Vents, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 500 grams of pre-made puff pastry, see my profile for a free-from recipe, Vickys Puff Pastry.
- It’s 60 ml of rice milk or milk of choice for glazing.
- It’s of Filling Ideas.
- It’s 1 of Prawn Cocktail.
- You need 1 of Chicken Tikka.
- Prepare 1 of Tuna, Sweetcorn & Mayo.
- You need 1 of Salmon & Guacamole.
- It’s 1 of Chicken, Bacon & Mayo.
- You need 1 of Ham, Pineapple & Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Coronation Chicken.
- You need 1 of Ham & Cream Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Whipped Cream & Fruit.
- It’s 1 of Bananas & Chocolate Spread.
Vickys Vol Au Vents, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F and line a baking tray.
- Roll or pat out the pastry on a floured surface until half a cm thick, dust lightly with flour.
- Get 2 round cookie cutters, one must fit inside the other and leave at least 8mm of a space between it and the larger cutter.
- Using the cookie cutters, cut circles out with the larger of the 2. Mark a circle inside with the smaller cutter but don't cut right through.
- Place on the baking tray and brush the tops lightly with milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Pinch out the centres and fill with whatever you like. Sandwich fillers are great and you can use for both sweet and savoury fillings.
- The cases will keep a day in an airtight container before filling them, then serve immediately.
- To make the fillings, mix 50g of the main ingredient (cooked chicken / ham & pineapple / prawns) with 25g of the binding ingredient (cream cheese / mayo / tikka sauce) and a tsp or two of fresh herbs or other ingredients such as mustard, ketchup, yogurt etc and combine well. That amount will be enough to fill 6 cases giving you plenty of variety.
- See my profile for free-from recipes for mayo, ketchup, cream cheese, yogurt etc all listed 'Vickys………'.
- FYI, Jus-Rol do a gluten-free vegan puff pastry which is great for these. Violife do a gluten-free vegan cream cheese..
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad