Vanilla Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Filling and Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting. If using the candied zest, sprinkle. This stunningly beautiful white layer cake with lemon filling, topped with tangy lemon cream cheese frosting, is a show stopper. A special occasion dessert that is classic and delicious!
Top with second layer, rounded side up. Spread whipped cream mixture over side and top of cake. Garnish top of cake with strips of lemon and orange peel. You can have Vanilla Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Filling and Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting using 25 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Filling and Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting
- You need of FOR WHITE CAKE.
- You need 1 cup of milk, warmed to room temperature.
- It’s 6 of large egg whites , at room temperature.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of cake flour, no subsitute.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 6 ounces of unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks ) at room temperature.
- You need of FOR LEMON CREAM FILLING.
- Prepare 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of lemon curd, homemade or store bought.
- You need 2 teaspoons of fresh grated lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s of FOR LEMON WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of cold water.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cold heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh grated lemon zest.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
This Berry Vanilla Naked Cake is sweet vanilla cake swirled with a homemade berry puree and frosted with the dreamiest lemon whipped cream! Made with Eggland's Best Eggs, this cake is light, fluffy, and the prettiest cake for spring! *This post is sponsored by Eggland's Best. Thank you for supporting brands that enable me to bringcontinue reading. Frost side and top of cake with remaining lemon mixture.
Vanilla Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Filling and Lemon Whipped Cream Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 3 8 inch cake pans well with bakers spray.
- Whisk in a bowl egg whites, milk, vanilla and almond extract.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Add butter in 6 additions to flour mixture beating in at low after each piece and then beat an additional 2 minutes on low.
- Add milk/egg white mixture in 2 additions, beating on medium and beat 1 minute after all is added.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 15 mins then remove from pans and cool on wiren racks completely before frosting.
- MAKE LEMON CREAM FILLING.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- In another bowl beat mascarpone, lemon curd, lemon zest and sugar until smooth.
- Fold whipped cream into lemon/mascarpone mixtire in 2 additions intil uniform in color.
- MAKE LEMON WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- Add cold water to a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle gelatin on and soften for 5 minutes.
- Bring a small skillet of water to a simmer, add bowl of gelatin and stir until clear and disdolved. Turn off heat and let it sit in the warm water to remain liquid while whipping the cream.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until combined then beat gelatin until cream holds its shape.
- ASSEMBLE CAKE.
- Place 1 cake layer, bottom up on serving plate.
- Spread with 1/2 of lemon cream filling.
- Top with second cake layer, bottom up.
- Spread with remaining lemon cream filling.
- Top with last third layer, bottom up.
- Frost entire cake with lemon whipped cream. Refrigerate at least 2 to 4 hours to set before slicing.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries, strawberrys and sprinkles.
To assemble the cake, place one of the layers on a serving platter. Top with half of the lemon-mascarpone mixture and smooth in an even layer. Place a second cake layer on top of the filling and top with the remaining filling. Place the final cake layer on top. Frost the top and sides of the assembled cake with the vanilla bean frosting.