Lauren's Mashed Potatoes. This Mashed Potatoes Recipe is smooth, silky and so creamy! Mashed potatoes are delicious on their own or are a perfect side dish for dinner. Using a wooden spoon, mix everything together and season well.
Lauren Zaser / Via BuzzFeed Life. And garlic mashed potatoes, whether they are served on Thanksgiving or not, are a delicious, homey side. Mashed potatoes get flavor and creaminess from French onion dip and garlic for a quick side dish that's great for weeknight meals or a holiday dinner. You can make Lauren's Mashed Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lauren's Mashed Potatoes
- You need 6-7 of red potatoes (cut how you like them)–> I leave skins on.
- You need of Water.
- You need 1-2 of chicken bullion cube.
- Prepare of Small yellow onion (diced).
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (I use Pink Himalayan).
- It’s 1/8 tsp of black pepper or more to taste.
- It’s 2 sticks of salted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
However, Tyler suggests cooking the potatoes in the cream itself, so no potato-y flavor is lost. The Best Salmon Mashed Potatoes Recipes on Yummly Mashed potato (British English) or mashed potatoes (American English and Canadian English), colloquially known as mash (British English), is a dish prepared by mashing boiled potatoes. Mashed potatoes should be so good they don't even need a drizzle of gravy.
Lauren's Mashed Potatoes instructions
- Scrub and rinse your potatoes..
- Boil water in pot. Add potatoes and add a dash of salt, onion and chicken bullion cube. Remember add just enough water so that the potatoes are covered..
- Let the potatoes boil..
- Check with a fork to see if they're done. If they're done drain them..
- In a separate pan add your 2 sticks of butter and your 1 cup of milk let it boil..
- Put potatoes back in pot and in four increments pour your butter and milk mixture in your potatoes. Mash=pour, mash=pour, mash=pour, mash=pour. Keep mashing until desired consistency..
- Now add your garlic powder. Add more salt and black pepper till your taste buds are satisfied..
- Stir and ENJOY!!!.
For so many of us, Thanksgiving just isn't. The BEST Healthy Mashed Potatoes my Ukrainian way. Turkey, gravy, brussels sprouts and dare I say healthy cinnamon rolls are all on. The creamiest, cheesiest mashed potatoes EVER! This easy to make side dish is loaded up with extra melty cheese, crispy bacon, and chives.