Oatmeal, Walnut, and Kuromitsu Steamed Buns.
You can make Oatmeal, Walnut, and Kuromitsu Steamed Buns using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal, Walnut, and Kuromitsu Steamed Buns
- It’s 100 grams of Oatmeal.
- Prepare 100 ml of Additive-free soy milk.
- Prepare 140 ml of Water.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Kuromitsu.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of Natural Salt.
- You need 100 grams of ★ Cake flour.
- It’s 8 grams of ★ Aluminium-free baking powder.
- Prepare of Toppings:.
- It’s 15 grams of Walnuts.
Oatmeal, Walnut, and Kuromitsu Steamed Buns step by step
- Pulse the oatmeal into a powder in a food processor. Chop the walnuts roughly. Pour water into the steamer and turn on the heat..
- Mix the soy milk, water, kuromitsu, and salt together in a bowl, add the oatmeal and mix well so that it absorbs the moisture..
- Sift in the ★ ingredients, then use a rubber spatula to fold the batter until it is fully integrated and the batter is evenly incorporated..
- Pour into the muffin cups and top with the walnuts. When steam rises from the steamer, place the cups inside and seam for about 15 minutes on a high heat. They are ready when an inserted skewer comes out clean..
- Remove from the muffin cups and let cool. Store in a large tupperware container with the lid on as they cool, and they'll retain their moist and chewy texture without drying out..
- Enjoy these subtly sweet breads for breakfast or as a snack. To store in the freezer, wrap in cling-film and put in a ziplock bag..
- You can use other liquid sweeteners such as maple syrup instead of kuromitsu. Making lots of variations..
- You can use 40 g of brown sugar instead of kuromitsu (if the sugar is lumpy, pulse it together with the oatmeal in the food processor.) Use 150 ml of water..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad