Vanila Cake with Melted Cheese topping.
You can make Vanila Cake with Melted Cheese topping using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vanila Cake with Melted Cheese topping
- It’s of A. Cream together until fluffy.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of ovallette.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of fine / castor sugar.
- Prepare of B. Combined & Sifted together.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of cream of tartar.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of bicarb soda.
- Prepare of C. 5 tbsp melted butter or 1/4 C cooking oil.
- You need of D. Melted Cheese Layer.
- You need of cream cheese (500g) – room temperature.
- You need of condensed milk.
- Prepare of whipping dairy.
- It’s of fresh milk.
- Prepare of E. Grated Cheese Topping.
- You need of Cheddar Cheese Block (refrigerated).
- It’s of Note On OVALETTE:.
- It’s of . What is Ovalette?.
- Prepare of 👉🏻 It is stabiliser or emulsifier used in baking sponge cakes. It helps the eggs to rise rapidly and stiffly and cake should be airy and fluffy.
- It’s of . Ovalette substitution:.
- It’s of 👉🏻 Quick75.
- It’s of . Where to get Ovalette?.
- It’s of 👉🏻 Usually from Asian grocery.
- You need of . Can you omit Ovalette in this recipe?.
- It’s of 👉🏻 Yes.
Vanila Cake with Melted Cheese topping step by step
- A – Using electric mixer, Cream A until it turns pale or light and fluffy..
- B – combine and sift the dry ingredients in B. Gently fold this dry ingredients to A in batches..
- C – Add C (cooking oil) to the batter. Mix until well combined using spatula..
- Steaming the cake – Pour batter into few small steaming containers (size: 450/350). Pour only a quarter of the container so you have a good fill of cream cheese later. Steam at high heat for 10 mins. Alternatively, you can also use 9 x 9 steaming pan and steam for 35 minutes. Note: some cover their cake with with saran wrap and some wrap their steamer cover with big tea towel to avoid water drips on the cake while steaming. Once done, invert cake on a cooling rack and leave to cool completely..
- E – GRATED CHEESE TOPPING – Next, grate cheddar cheese block on top of the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate before serving, at least for few hours until the cream cheese layer set..
- D – MELTED CHEESE LAYER – In a blender, blend everything in D until well incorporated and creamy. Place cooled cake bake into steamer container (s). Using a fork, poke cake all over then pour cream cheese on top. Avoid filling up to the brim..
- Note: i made this for friends so i sliced my cake into small and thin pieces to fit my plastic containers then top them with melted cheese & grated cheese..
recipe by Pinkblanket's Tiny Kitchen @cookpad