Homemade Chocolate Cake. Add the water, oil, vanilla and vinegar; mix well (batter will be thin). There are plenty of claims for the best chocolate cake recipe. But with one bite of this decadent, moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, every single person around the table commented that this was the best chocolate cake they'd ever tasted.
But, it WILL make you a super-hero in the world of those you love. Extra moist, with a perfect rich chocolate flavor and tender, smooth crumb. This chocolate cake recipe is similar to my Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting in that it's a basic recipe that everyone needs in their collection. You can cook Homemade Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Homemade Chocolate Cake
- You need 1 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- You need 1 cup of sugar ( use 2/3 of a cup of sugar if cocoa is sweetened).
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 can of Chocolate Frosting.
Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Dessert is individual molten chocolate cakes. The best part about these little beauties is that the cake batter is extremely forgiving: You can make it up to six hours before you plan to serve the cakes. This quick-and-easy chocolate cake is so moist and rich.
Homemade Chocolate Cake instructions
- This recipe only makes 1 layer of cake. If you want more layers, make this recipe twice if you want two layers or three times if you want three layers..
- Preheat oven at 375°F Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In another bowl mix vanilla extract, vinegar, vegetable oil and water..
- Slowly add the wet ingredient mix to the dry one and mix until there are no clumps in the batter..
- Pour batter into a 9-inch greased round baking pan..
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes..
- After cake is baked, wait until it cools down completely. Add frosting when cooled and decorate if you wish. Enjoy!.
Footnotes Partner Tip; Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier. Chocolate Cake Recipes Don't wait to indulge in a slice of moist, rich chocolate cake — a classic treat that calls to mind Mom's best baking. Try one of these, our most popular chocolate cakes. Chocolate Cake is a deliciously decadent dessert that has been a staple on our table for as long as I can remember! This easy recipe makes a rich and delicious cake that is perfectly tender and moist.