Crock pot ham and bean soup. It is a simple soup made with navy beans, ham hocks, and onion. It is always on the menu in the dining room of the United States Senate. Add the beans, carrots, celery, and onion to the crock pot.
I always have dried beans on hand but I also give instructions for using canned beans. Tips for making Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup. Be sure to cut the celery, carrots, and onion as uniformly as possible for the most even. You can cook Crock pot ham and bean soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crock pot ham and bean soup
- It’s 1 lb of white beans.
- Prepare 1 of ham bone.
- It’s 2 cup of diced ham.
- You need 36 oz of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 of carrots- chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks- chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of dry mustard.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
This is a super simple Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup that is perfect for your Easter leftovers! Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup Recipe. When I was a kid, my mom prepared this navy bean soup with ham on the stovetop, but I prefer slow-cooking it in my Crock Pot these days. Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup Cook Eat Go.
Crock pot ham and bean soup step by step
- Soak dry beans for 8 hours. I add baking soda to reduce side effects of beans. Rinse very well..
- Melt butter, add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. Add flour 1 Tbsp at a time until a paste is made and everything is mixed together..
- Dice ham and add to crock pot with bone and beans..
- Add chicken broth to carrot mixture. Pour into crock pot with other ingredients..
- Add spices and seasoning to soup. Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
recipe by kabaa4me @cookpad
Crock Pot Ham and Beans Everyday Mom's. Home » Soup Recipes » Ham and Bean Soup (Crock Pot Recipe). Next was this delicious Ham and Bean Soup and lastly we still have some still for a Quiche Lorraine. I love in the colder months, making homemade soup and just pulling out the crock pot feels very comforting and satisfying. Bean soup is comfort food, especially on a chilly fall or winter day.