Shortbread. Our basic butter shortbread is made with only three ingredients. Roll the dough and cut into square or round shapes or pat the dough into a baking pan. Try making these easy, buttery shortbread biscuits for an afternoon activity with the kids.
Ingredients of Shortbread
- You need 8 oz of Butter.
- It’s 4 oz of Caster Sugar.
- You need 12 oz of Plain Flour.
These Shortbread Cookies are deliciously crisp and buttery in a classic way, and are They're delicious plain too! How to Make Shortbread Cookies: Start by creaming together two sticks of butter. 🎦 Shortbread. Not to be confused with Shortcake. Shortbread is a type of biscuit which is traditionally made from one part white sugar, two parts butter, and three parts oatmeal flour.
Shortbread step by step
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together.
- Add the plain flour and mix.
- Line 2 7 inch tins with greaseproof paper.
- Fill with the mixture and smoothwith the back with a metal spoon.
- Evenly stab all over with a fork.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 200 degrees celsius.
- While still hot cut each tray into 8 equal pieces.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
Shortbread is baked at a low temperature to avoid browning. Shortbread is not only one of the easiest desserts you can possibly make, it's also one of the most adaptable. Maybe even more perfect with chocolate. I live in Missouri, but many family recipes come from New Zealand where I was born. Tip in both the flours and a pinch of salt, then whizz until mixture comes together.