You can have Ragada chat using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ragada chat
- Prepare of Dry white peas(soaked).
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Eno soda.
- It’s of potatoes.
- Prepare of chopped tomatoes.
- You need of chopped onion.
- Prepare of finely chopped green chili.
- You need of asafetida.
- Prepare of carom seeds.
- You need of roasted cumin powder.
- You need of coriander powder.
- It’s of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare of garam masala.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of chat masala.
- It’s of Kashmiri red chili powder.
- You need of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need of red-garlic chutney.
- It’s of green chutney.
- It’s of dates &dry mango powder chutney.
- Prepare of green chili ginger paste.
- Prepare of flattened rice.
Ragada chat instructions
- First Soak dry white peas in water for 7 hours. Pressure cook soaked peas with water, turmeric, salt, asafetida, 1 clove, and soda for 4 whistles. Also, boil potatoes in a pressure cooker. After 4 whistles, turn it off and let it cool..
- Open the pressure cooker lid and check the peas. Place a kadhai on the gas and heat the oil in it on medium flame. Now add carom seeds, chopped green chili, and stir it well. Now add chopped onions and sauté it on medium flame. add chili garlic ginger paste and sauté until it turns golden. add chopped tomatoes and salt. sauté it until it turns soft. Now add turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chili powder. Mix everything well and sauté until everything is cooked well..
- Now add boiled peas in kadhai and mix well. Cook it for few minutes. Now add garam masala, 1/2 cup water and mix well. Cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.(if requir add more water)Turn off flame once ragdo (peas mixture) thickens..
- To make patties, first crush/grate boiled potatoes. Now add salt, green chili ginger garlic paste, turmeric, 2 tsp flatten rice powder in boiled potatoes. Mix everything well and keep it aside for 5 minutes. Shape patties in round shape..
- To shallow fry patties, heat oil in pan on medium flame. Place patties in pan and Cook it on both sides until it becomes golden brown on each side..
- In a bowl, place 1 or 2 patties and pour ragada curry on it. On top of this mixture, put green, red and dates & mango chutney, chopped tomatoes, onion, coriander leaves. sprinkle chat masala, chili powder, roasted cumin powder. Now sprinkle Dalmudh or sev. if require sprinkle lemon juice. Garnish it with round shape onion & tomatoes slice and coriander leaves..
- Very health and tasty mumbai special ragda chaat is ready to serve..
recipe by Nayna Shah @cookpad