homemade spice cake and cream cheese frosting. Browse For Yummy & Hassle-Free Cake & Cupcake Recipes From Kraft®. Spice Cake with a decadent Cream Cheese Frosting! This is one of my all time favorite fall cakes!
Make cake: Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. You can cook homemade spice cake and cream cheese frosting using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of homemade spice cake and cream cheese frosting
- It’s of frosting.
- You need 16 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of cake.
- Prepare 2 cup of All purposes flower.
- You need 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pumpkin spice.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 pinch of salt.
Helpful tips for making Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Preheat your oven and load the cake on the center rack in the middle of the oven. Bring your eggs to room temperature before starting the cake. Stir the flour into the cake batter just until incorporated.
homemade spice cake and cream cheese frosting instructions
- preheat oven to 350.
- mix all ingredients to the cake in one bowl.
- bake for 45 minutes or till golden brown.
- in a separate bowl mix together softened butter and cream cheese.
- add liquid ingredients.
- add a cup of sugar at a time and mix.
- after cake is cooled apply frosting.
Over-mixing the batter can result in a tough, dense and chewy texture. How to Make Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. This pumpkin cake couldn't be easier to make! Simply whisk together the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls, then combine the two. Sweet with just the right amount of tang, this from-scratch cream cheese frosting recipe is the perfect finish for carrot cake, red velvet cupcakes, pumpkin-spice bars and more.