Family mac and cheese. My version uses a combination of cheeses for a gloriously cheesy dish! I find most homemade mac and cheese recipes to be a bit dry, so I developed this version to be ultra-creamy. Family proclaimed your Mac and Cheese their all time favorite side with wings.
Subscribe now to the STEVE HARVEY YouTube channel. That's the same amount of time it takes to make the boxed varieties. Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan cheese combine for this extra creamy mac 'n' cheese recipe. You can have Family mac and cheese using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Family mac and cheese
- Prepare 1 packet of macaroni.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter or plant-based butter.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of plain white flour.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 pints of milk or plant based milk.
- Prepare 1 of couple of handfuls of grated cheddar cheese or vegan alternative (or to taste).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mustard.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
This is a nice rich mac and cheese. Serve with a salad for a great meatless dinner. The cheese: The best mac and cheese recipes employ a mix of sharp, nutty, and melty cheeses. My favorite cheese to use with homemade mac and cheese is sharp cheddar.
Family mac and cheese step by step
- Cook the macaroni according to the instructions and drain.
- Melt the butter on a low heat and stir in the flour until you have a smooth paste. Slowly whisk in the milk, a little at a time. Heat until bubbling and then simmer until thickened..
- Turn off the heat and stir in half of the cheese until melted and the mustard. Season to taste Waugh salt and pepper..
- Add the macaroni to the sauce and transfer to an oven proof dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven at 200c for around 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and the top is crispy. You could grill to get a crispy topping if you prefer..
recipe by Rachel @cookpad
Sometimes I even use extra sharp cheddar—the flavor be a little much for My family honestly didn't even taste a difference. The same rules apply for GF noodles as below—make sure they are under-done a bit before adding. It's full of flavor, extra creamy and made with two types of cheese! My family devours this easy recipe whenever I make it. Said Mac and Cheese would be ravaged.