Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack).
You can make Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack)
- Prepare of easy winter warmers.
- You need 1 of ham shank.
- Prepare 500 grams of marrowfat dried peas.
- Prepare 7 of medium sized potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pints of cold water.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder or bicarbonate of soda.
Crock pot pea and ham soup (pea wack) step by step
- Soak the ham shank in a pan of water overnight to dissolve any salt.
- Soak the dried peas in a bowl /pan/container over night with the baking powder/bicarbonate of soda.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 mins, once the water is bubbling.
- Drain the peas. Put in a colander and wash the water off (no need to dry) you will notice that the pess should have swollen to twice their size.
- Add the peas, ham shank, potatoes, salt and the cold water in to the crock pot/ slow cooker..
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Enjoy, this should stick to your ribs.
recipe by john hunter @cookpad