You can have Ragda Patties using 33 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ragda Patties
- Prepare of For patties -.
- Prepare 600gram of potatoes.
- It’s 2 of slices bread.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of green chilli paste.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of wheat flour or corn flour to coat patties.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil to shallow fry.
- Prepare of For ragada -.
- It’s 1cup of dry peas.
- Prepare 2.5 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of inch cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- You need 1 of dry red chilli.
- You need 1/4tspn of mustard.
- It’s 1/4tspn of hing/ asafoetida.
- Prepare 5-6 of curry leaves.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1tspn of green chilli paste.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare as required of Salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of tamarind pulp.
- You need 50 of gram jaggery.
- You need 3cups of water.
- Prepare of Other ingredients -.
- You need 1/2cup of green chutney.
- It’s 3/4cup of date tamarind chutney.
- You need 1/2cup of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1cup of sev.
- You need 1/2cup of coriander leaves.
Ragda Patties step by step
- Soak peas for 5 to 6 hours and pressure cook it until 3 – 4 whistles. You can use either green or white dry peas to make ragada..
- To make patties, boil potatoes, peel them and grate them. Make fresh bread crumbs out of bread slices in a mixer jar. Now add ginger paste, green chilli paste, salt and fresh bread crumbs to the potato mixture and mix everything well..
- Divide the potato mixture into 10 equal portions. Now Grease your hands and shape each portion into a patty or tikki. Coat prepared tikkis with wheat flour or corn flour. Heat oil in a nonstick pan and shallow fry all the tikkis on high heat until brown on both sides..
- Heat oil in a pot and add bay leaf, cinnamon, clove and whole red chilli. Now add mustard seeds and let it crackle. Add asafoetida and curry leaves. Now add ginger and green chilli paste and saute it for 30 seconds. Add turmeric, red chilli powder and salt to it and mix everything very well..
- Now add boiled peas along with garam masala, tamarind pulp and jaggery. Mix everything well and add 3 cups of water and let it cook for 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat. Ragada can be kept thick or thin according to personal preferences..
- To serve ragda patties, take a serving bowl and add some ragada to it. Now put one patty and add green chutney and date tamarind chutney on top. Now add chopped onion, sev and coriander leaves on top..
- Delicious ragda patties is ready to serve..
recipe by spice queen @cookpad