Christmas Eve Grits.
You can make Christmas Eve Grits using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Christmas Eve Grits
- Prepare 1 cup of grits.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced smoked ham.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of Colby Monterey Jack cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of diced seriously sharp white cheddar Vermont cheese.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter.
Christmas Eve Grits step by step
- Dice or cube your cheeses.
- Add salt and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Dice the ham and add to the pot. Add the butter, let it boil 7 minutes. Stir in the grits..
- Cook the grits till creamy. Stirring often so as to not let those grits clump up. Stir the cheesy grits till done. Serve adding black pepper to taste..
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad