Gujarati Dal dhokli.
You can make Gujarati Dal dhokli using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gujarati Dal dhokli
- Prepare of Spilt pigeon peas(Toor Dal).
- Prepare of Wheat flour.
- Prepare of Gram flour.
- You need of Mustard seeds.
- It’s of Mix herbs-Nigella seeds,Fenugreek seeds,Cuminseeds,Feenel seeds.
- It’s of turmeric.
- It’s of carom seeds.
- Prepare of coriander powder.
- It’s of asafoetida.
- Prepare of pickle powder.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of green chili ginger paste.
- It’s of jaggery.
- Prepare of curry leaves.
- It’s of boil corn seeds.
- You need of raisin seeds.
- It’s of boil peanuts.
- You need of boiled almonds.
- You need of cashew nuts.
- It’s of lemon.
- Prepare of as required coriander.
- It’s of small cup tomato sauce.
- You need of walnut kernels(tukda),.
- You need of chopped dry dates.
- It’s of as required Oil.
- You need of as required water.
Gujarati Dal dhokli step by step
- Prepare all ingredients. Wash and rinse spilt pigeon peas(toor Dal), peanuts and almonds. Soak it in separate bowls for 30 minutes..
- Make dhokli dough by combining wheat flour, gram flour, chili powder, salt, turmeric, asafoetida, carom seeds and 2tbsp oil. Add required amount of water and knead it until dough becomes soft. Cover & keep dough aside for few mins..
- In pressure cooker add soaked dal, salt and turmeric. Cook it on medium flame until dal becomes soft. Also take soaked peanuts, almonds, corn in a separate bowl and boil it..
- Blend cooked daal and add 4 cups of water and mix it well. Turn on gas and heat 1tbsp oil, 1tbsp ghee in a pan. Once oil and ghee are hot, add mustard seeds, mix herbs. Let it crackle. Then add curry leaves, dry red chili, asafoetida, coriander powder, stir fry for few seconds, add chili powder, pickle sambhar masala. Now add cooked Dal and mix it well. Add salt, green chilli ginger paste, tomato sauce, 1 lemon juice and jaggery. mix it well and boil it..
- Add peanuts, almonds, raisin, cashew nuts, walnut kernels, corn and dry dates to dal..
- Take small dhokli dough and Dust it with wheat flour. Roll it into chapati, cut into diamond/circle/pithi (as shown in below picture)shape..
- Once daal starts boiling, add dhoklies few at a time, stir in between so that they don’t stick, cook for 8-10 minutes. If the Dal thickens add hot water, mix well, off the flame..
- Daldhokli is ready to serve. Garnish it with some boil peanuts, cashews, almonds, raisins,finely chopped onion, coriander and lemon slice..
- Serve it hot. Enjoy delicious daldhokli with plain rice and 1tbsp of ghee..
recipe by Nayna Shah @cookpad