Christmas morning breakfast bake. Christmas morning breakfast doesn't have to be hard. But Christmas morning still deserves an extra special breakfast. Christmas morning breakfasts can totally be about making things from scratch, but you want to have time to enjoy the moment, too.
This is what happens when breakfast and dessert collide. Psst: If you're not already going all out on Christmas Feeding a crowd? While the best thing about Christmas morning is definitely the presents, the second best thing has to be the food! You can make Christmas morning breakfast bake using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas morning breakfast bake
- You need 1 packages of bacon.
- Prepare 1 lb of Breakfast Sausage.
- Prepare 1 each of Ham steak.
- You need 1 packages of Tater tots, I use the " crown" shape.
- You need 1/4 cup of dehydrated, minced onions. Fresh chopped onions work just as well. Whichever you prefer..
- You need 1 dozen of eggs, you may need more or less depending on the pan you use & if you add milk or not..
- You need 2 packages of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 can of sliced mushrooms – drained, optional.
Even though Christmas celebrations might be a little smaller this year, there's no need to socially distance from a delicious breakfast spread. Get into the festive spirit by whipping up a variety. Brew a big pot of coffee: It's a meal your guests will want to linger over. Christmas morning is the perfect time for a special breakfast treat.
Christmas morning breakfast bake step by step
- The night before..
- Brown the sausage..
- Dice and brown the ham..
- Bake the bacon in a 350° oven until crispy. I start checking at 25-30 minutes..
- Let the meats cool, crumble the bacon, then put in containers & refrigerate..
- Christmas morning.
- Bake the tater tots according to package directions. When done baking reduce oven temp to 350°. By the time the dish is assembled the oven should be at the right temp..
- Place all of the precooked meats in a skillet over med-low heat, stirring occasionally until warmed through..
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until nicely scrambled. I put milk in mine, but that is optional..
- Season the eggs to your taste. Add the onions and most of the cheese to the eggs..
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish layer the meats and tots. If using mushrooms, add them..
- Pour the egg mixture into the dish. It should come just to the top of the other ingredients..
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes..
- When it is almost done, remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Return to the oven long enough for cheese to get bubbly and melty..
- Serve in squares and enjoy..
recipe by Tina @cookpad
Whether that's a make-ahead baked French toast or something as simple as a batch of muffins, it's a lovely tradition for a special day. My mom has always made this for us on Christmas morning, and since we only have it once a year it makes it even more good. It is so delicious, and everyone enjoys it! Soon after opening gifts, as a family, we eat a hearty breakfast. It's my absolute favorite part of the day.