You can have No-Bake Cheesecake using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of No-Bake Cheesecake
- You need of Crust base.
- Prepare of graham cracker or digestive biscuit.
- You need of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need of brown sugar, optional.
- Prepare of Cheesecake.
- You need of (2 tbsp+1 tsp) water.
- It’s of gelatin powder.
- You need of cream cheese, room temperature.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of lemon juice, optional.
- Prepare of plain yogurt.
- Prepare of (1/2 cup+2 tbsp) whipping cream.
No-Bake Cheesecake step by step
- Crust base: Crush the biscuit into fine crumbs using a food processor. Or seal them in a Ziploc plastic bag and roll them with a rolling pin. Transfer to a bowl. Combine well with butter and sugar (if using)..
- Transfer 1/3 of the mixture into a 15 cm cake mold. Spread evenly before using the bottom of a glass to press the mixture onto the base. Pack it down as much as possible..
- With the glass sitting on the crust center, spread the remaining crumbs around the cake perimeter. Move the glass to pack the surrounding crumbs as even and tight. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling..
- Cheesecake: Sprinkle gelatin evenly onto the water. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes to bloom..
- In a medium bowl, smoothen the cream cheese with a rubber spatula until creamy. Mix in sugar. Then add lemon juice (if using) and yoghurt. Mix until the mixture becomes really smooth..
- In a cold bowl, whip the cream until thick and creamy with a cold whisk. Cold equipment will speed up the whipping process..
- Fold the whipped cream into cheese mixture..
- Melt the bloomed gelatin in a microwave or bain-marie. Heat just until it is fully dissolved. Combine well with the cheese mixture..
- Pour mixture into prepared crust base. Spread and smoothen the top with an offset spatula..
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or best overnight. The cake will set better when chilled longer. To remove the cake ring, wrap the sides with a hot wet towel until it loosens up. Then, slice and enjoy!.
recipe by Spoonful Passion @cookpad