Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Browse Our Fast & Easy Cake Recipes Collection. Explore My Food And Family, Today! The cake was a modern marvel because it relied on the recently introduced innovation of canned pineapple rings and preserved maraschino cherries.
Easy to make and delicious!" – Deborah Glover. Gluten-Free Pineapple Upside-Down Cake "I used a homemade version of a boxed cake. Remove from heat, and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan. You can make Pineapple Upside Down Cake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- It’s of Topping.
- You need 1 can of pineapple rings, drained (keep juice for drizzling).
- Prepare 30 g of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of margarine, melted.
- Prepare of Cake batter.
- It’s 175 g of AP flour.
- You need 60 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 packet of vanilla sugar (7,5g).
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 40 g of vegetable oil.
- It’s 180 g of soy milk.
- You need Splash of rum.
Cut the maraschino cherries in half, and place one half, cut-side up, in the center of each pineapple ring. Looking for pineapple upside down cake recipes? Taste of Home has the best pineapple upside down cake recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Get tropical with a homey, classic pineapple upside down cake.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake instructions
- Pour melted margarine in the bottom of a round cake pan. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Arrange as much of the pineapple slices as possible. Refrigerate..
- Meanwhile, make the cake batter: whisk dry ingredients together. Pour in wet ingredients. Whisk until just combined..
- Pour batter over pineapple slices. Bake for 35 min in a 350°F/180°C oven..
- Let cake cool for 10 min, then drizzle a few tbsp of pineapple juice over the cake. Flip cake after 10-15 additional minutes. Serve slightly warm. Enjoy :).
The combination of rich, buttery cake and caramelized pineapples in this classic dessert will transport guests to the good ol' days. Peach Upside-Down Cake: Omit the pineapple, pecans and cherries. Substitute reserved peach juice for the pineapple juice. Cranberry Orange Upside-Down Cake: Omit the pineapple, pecans and cherries. This is THE best easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake from scratch!