Christopsomo full of flavors!.
You can make Christopsomo full of flavors! using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Christopsomo full of flavors!
- You need 600 g of strong flour.
- Prepare 300 g of cake flour.
- It’s 200 g of wholemeal flour.
- You need 120 g of sheep's yoghurt with the skin.
- You need 2 of full tbsp honey.
- You need 60 g of fresh yeast.
- You need 2 cups of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of pimento, powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of nutmeg, powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of anise.
- Prepare of zest of 1 orange.
- It’s 120 g of finely chopped walnuts.
- You need of lukewarm water as much as the dough takes.
- It’s of For decorating.
- Prepare 80 g of whole blanched almonds.
- You need cloves of plenty of.
- It’s of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 of shelled walnut.
- You need 1 of egg yolk and a little milk for brushing the top.
Christopsomo full of flavors! instructions
- Crumble the yeast in a bowl and add the honey. Add the lukewarm water and stir until they dissolve. Let the mixture foam for 10 minutes..
- Uisng another bowl, mix all the flours (sifted), add the powdered spices except the walnuts and the zest. Make a well and add the yoghurt and the yeast mixture. Mix. Dissolve the salt in the lukewarm water that you will need for the dough. Add it gradually until you have a pliable dough that doesn't stick to your hands. At this point add the finely chopped walnuts and the zest..
- Knead your dough for 10 minutes..
- Leave it to rest in an oiled bowl at a warm place for one hour and a half until it rises. Then knead lightly, keep a piece of the dough the size of an apple and after you form the dough into a round loaf place it on oiled greaseproof paper (I suggest that you use a round baking tray) and start decorating. Using the piece of dough that you set aside, make two strings and form a large cross on the top and if you like, make patterns like leaves or birds. Push in the almonds and cloves. Place the shelled walnut at the center of the cross. Set it aside once more, in a warm place in order to rise, for about an hour..
- When the hour passes brush the top with the egg yolk-milk, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake at 160°C using the upper and lower heating elements on the last rack for 50 minutes to one hour..
recipe by Cookpad Greece @cookpad