Vegan Banana & Pineapple Cake With Dark Chocolate Chunks.
You can cook Vegan Banana & Pineapple Cake With Dark Chocolate Chunks using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Banana & Pineapple Cake With Dark Chocolate Chunks
- It’s of For the batter:.
- Prepare of ripe banana, mashed,.
- It’s of pineapple pieces in natural juice, (chopped up if large),.
- It’s of plain flour,.
- It’s of caster sugar,.
- It’s of vegetable oil,.
- Prepare of unsweetened almond milk, or other non dairy alternative,.
- It’s of cinnamon,.
- You need of vanilla essence,.
- You need of baking soda,.
- Prepare of baking powder,.
- It’s of salt,.
- It’s of Spray oil for greasing (can use regular too but this is easier).
- You need of Filling:.
- You need of vegan dark organic chocolate, cut into small chunks,.
- You need of To top:.
- You need of banana sliced lengthwise into halves,.
- It’s of raw organic cacao nibs.
- Prepare of To serve (optional):.
- You need of Melted chocolate, for drizzling,.
- Prepare of Vegan marshmallows.
Vegan Banana & Pineapple Cake With Dark Chocolate Chunks step by step
- Preheat your oven to 180 (fan), or gas mark 6. Line the bottom of a loaf tin with a rectangle of greaseproof paper and spray the sides well with oil. You can also use regular oil but I find it much easier to use a spray one. Set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the dry ingredients first listed in the batter section of the ingredients list. Then add the wet ingredients and mix well but gently, until a smooth yet thick batter is formed..
- Add in the chunks of chocolate and fold in gently, ensuring not to overwork the batter too much, as this will result in a denser texture..
- Pour the mixture into your lined greased tin, and smooth out neatly up into all corners. Take the banana cut in half and lay it on top and push into the batter a bit so they are level with the top..
- Sprinkle over a few cacao nibs, then bake on the middle shelf of your oven for 50-60 minutes. Check with a cocktail stick or fine metal skewer by piercing into the centre to see if it's done. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes, loosen the sides using a knife And carefully turn out and leave to cool on a wire rack. Remember to peel off the paper from the base if it's not in the tin..
- Whilst the loaf is still hot from the oven you can place the marshmallows on top of the loaf to go all melty or as I did, serve with a slice on the side and a drizzle of melted chocolate over the top. It's fluffy, light, moist and super delicious. You'll find it hard to stop at just one slice! :).
recipe by Natalie Marten @cookpad